To anyone who may be wondering if I survived yesterday’s
suicide run Nike Jozi Run Free 10km run, I did. And I even did it in a decent time considering the searing pain in my knees after the 5km mark.
– I wish I had been able to join in the pre-race fun instead of having to work.
– I ran the entire Nike race looking like an Adidas brand ambassador (shoes, pants and my jacket with a giant Adidas logo on my back).
– I am a compulsive song-changer. I must have listened to only about 2 songs start-to-finish.
– It is bizarre that I managed to spot Martina 5 minutes into the race among 10,000 neon t-shirts.
– I kept wanting to yell at people taking photos without a tripod that their photos would come out rubbish (no matter how high their ISO).
– Men and their need to urinate in street corners and not in the porta-loos is really gross (5 minutes into the race guys were taking a leak)
– I need to go back to some of the parts of town that we ran through and take some day photos.
Oh, and you can run 10 kms without any training and bad knees. Just takes a bit of willpower. And a great partner like Mandy.